12 June 2022: It was a pleasant Sunday evening of poetry and friendly chat, meeting local poets and listening to the top of the bill, Judi Sutherland’s commentary and excerpts from her epic poem, Following Teisa.
For the record my “set list” (because I’m like Bob Dylan y’know) was:
- Sonnet for Dandy
- The Holy Child of Sudbury Hill
- High-Flying Birds Know
- Outpatient segue to
- The People Who Did Good Things
- Winter Thoughts
- The Possibility of Skipping (Day of the Flying Leaves)
- In the Waiting Room of the Western Eye Hospital (Day of the Flying Leaves)
- Ballad (The Hour of Waking Alone)
As well as getting two poems out of my referral to the Western Eye Hospital, as I said at the Torriano, I also got this blog post, which should be subtitled “Angels or Demons,” and several other mercifully unpublished poems.
Photo: “Frankie Pedantic at the Apollo” cartoon by Zoz (aka yours truly.)