If anybody has broadband and wants to hear the whole event:
Recording of complete event (with Daljit’s readings edited down to two out of six, alas) (40 mb mp3, could take a while to download – only practical on broadband). Apart from the poems listed here, Daljit also read “The Speaking of Bagwinder Singh Sagoo”, “To the Wealth of India” and “Parade’s End”.
The complete program:
- Welcome and intros (yours duly)
- Jeff Achampong reading from a novel-in-progress, working title “Haemoglobin S”.
- Lynsey Rose reads two poems and an excerpt from newly completed novel.
- Claudette Gordon reads four new poems.
- Elle Ludkin reads love poems and a journal about a loved one’s battle with cancer.
- Stephen Moran reads five poems: “To the People of New Earth”, “Willesden Sunset, January”, “Lines Between Day and Night”, “The Dolls’ Hospital” and “Inisheer”.
- Dale Arndell reads a short story.
- (At last!) Daljit Nagra, reading from “Look We Have Coming to Dover!”